Friday, January 12, 2007

Muffins

Well, I was just sitting here at Hawthhorn Market when Shannon gave me a muffin to eat. It wasn't one of those JUMBO ones by any means, but it was considerably large.
After I unwrapped it I became aware of how difficult eating such a bulbous food could be. For real, if anyone has any helpful tips for how to consume an oversized muffin successfully, I welcome your advice.

Now this is assuming you don't want to make a complete fool of oneself and just chomp into it with no cares of what one looks like...kind of like this guy:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh, Hawthorne! that's where i slave away. you are so lucky that i'm there to get you those jumbo muffins.

Anonymous said...

i hear those muffins provide a curious lifting effect near heat sources... :P

Michelle said...

Oh, the dilemma...I dare say that I might cut the enormous muffin in half, rotate it 90 degrees and then inhale it in this fashion. Of course, don't eat it too fast or the hiccups will follow. Did you know that I haven't eaten a muffin without getting the hiccups in years?

Jen said...

What a bizzaro tidbit of info, Shell. I would recommend just tearing off bite-sized chunks with your hands. That might also appear a little heathenesque, but better your fingers than your face, right?