Tuesday, July 15, 2008

John Cusack

For those of you who haven't seen "Say Anything" starring John Cusack, then you should spend the effort to do so.

After viewing this movie, the next morning I had three songs in my head, all in the same instant:

  1. Good Charlotte - Say Anything (understandably)
  2. Cindy Lauper - Time After Time (from the era of the movie,  hitting #1 on U.S Billboard Charts in 1984, while the movie appeared in theaters in 1989)
  3. Hawthourne Heights - Nikki FM (shares a destinctly similar line that's portrayed in the movie)

For those of you who haven't heard these songs, then you should spend the effort to do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's pretty much my favorite movie of all time. I have it and have watched it at least 20 times. I'm surprised you didn't mention "In Your Eyes," by Peter Gabriel. Also, The Starting Line had a music video where a guy was outside a girl's window playing with a stereo and then the band live in order to get her back. I think there's also a band now called Say Anything. The movie is pretty influential, and I share your invitation to anyone who hasn't seen it to do so. I'm glad you liked it.

Nathan

shan said...

Go Nathan! We knew he loved it. And now we love it too. :)