Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jokari: the bringer of fun

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have had the great pleasure of rediscovering this wonderful game I purchased for $1.99 at the Ames Goodwill years ago.  I got it back out on my birthday and found that it really was an amazing game.  So much so that when the original ball that had become brittle and hardened over the years cracked open I set out to find a replacement.  After trying to fashion one of my own I turned to the community and found a very reasonably priced ball with two new elastic strings from a guy in Delaware. (http://www.donaldsauter.com/jokari.htm)

We are again enjoying playing Jokari in our parking lot whenever we have a few extra minutes.  Below is a diagram from Donald’s site that I liked:

                              block
  Front court                \
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  Back court

                              O         
                          0__/            0
                         /                /  | \
                        /\               O  | 
                                             |\
            Player  A  
                                        Player B

It works better than you can even imagine.

2 comments:

Kyle and Shan said...

Love jokari! you have to admit that I'm much better than you thought I would be.

Teresa and Terry said...

Kyle, I can't wait to play it with you! DAD