Sunday, January 21, 2007

B-day Wishes

"It was a common belief that evil spirits were more dangerous to a person when he or she experienced a change in their daily life, such as turning a year older. As a result, birthdays were merry occasions celebrated with family and friends, who surrounded the person of honor with laughter and joy in order to protect them from evil. Instead of gifts, most guests brought positive thoughts and happy wishes for the upcoming year." -History of Birthdays @ www.birthdayexpress.com

If you haven't heard, today is Shannon's birthday. Something you all have come to know, on the other hand, is how good of friend she's been to me and to all those who know her. She's constantly busy with school studies, her new position of student manager at work, and juggling her countless friends but throughout her day she always makes ample time to spend with me. Her friendship is an undeniable blessing in my life and I know I don't have the opportunity to say that very often.

After the fiasco of last years party which took place at my Ontario apartment, Shannon decided wholeheartedly that she wouldn't be having one. She will be having a birthday dinner at her brother's apartment here in Ames where I hear there will be a scrumptious angel food cake to be consumed. I wish her the very best in this, the new year of 2007, and continued success in her work, school, and limitless friendships that everyone that knows her both greatly reveres and envys.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Shannon! Since I don't have your email, I'll just leave the message here and hope you see it. And thanks for the history of birthday info, Kyle. I always learn something new when I vist GriffithObservatories.