Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Elegant Happiness

I had a espeically potent experience this evening. I was sitting in the Walmart parking lot, eating a spicy chicken sandwich from Burger King, when I noticed two people getting into the car next to me. They appeared to me to be an older sister, and a younger sister approximately 11 or 12. I didn't have the opportunity to witness their approach to the car, but upon entering the vehicle the younger sister sat smiling broadly while holding a newly purchased dvd. Her delight was so apparent it seemed to reach out, grasping my heart with young, gentle hands. The girl's eyes were so alive and bright, her cheek bones visually brightened by the nearby lightpost. With her newly obtained treasure, that girl radiated such untainted innocence. The girl slid the advertising cover from the plastic-wrapped dvd case to further examine the movie which she apparently greatly looked forward to seeing, either for the first time or viewing it again with people she wished to share it with. The prescence of whom I assume was her older sister only magnified the feelings I felt from the event, lending it's parrelelism to events I hope my little sister and I have had. The happiness of this unknown girl completely held my attention and enveloped my heart in warmth, comfort, and a hope that this world may not be fully filled with evil and hate as I've come to more and more often believe.

As the girls drove away together, I naturally and immediately began to ponder on my own responsibility to the happiness of my own little sister, and the whole of my family. I wish I have provided atleast one or two moments like the one I witnessed tonight for each of my siblings and parents, because though I'm not able to recreate the occurance with the accuracy I desire, it truly was beautiful.

4 comments:

Jen said...

So beautiful, Kyle. I know you've been part of magic like that with me....como se dice "the quadrent game"? And it seems like you're in a Wal-mart parking lot quite a bit these days. Isn't that where you were when I talked to you and Shan the other night?

Anonymous said...

You're doing good, buddy. You've made a lot of people happy with your vigor and sense of humor. I know you're talking from a family perspective, but really, you're a very positive influence all around.

Michelle said...

Kyle,

It's so nice to hear of and witness the happy things, because they really are there to note and remember.

I have video proof that you've provided a passionate awakening and love of music in your nephews. Remember chillin' with Josher in your room, feeding him gummies and boogie'ing to M.J.? Good times...

You make me happy--Love you!!
Shell

Anonymous said...

where's the birthday pics???